Corpus Linguistics: Method, Analysis, Interpretation
The Future Learn platform has introduced an online course developed by Lancaster University. The course offers a practical introduction to the methodology of corpus linguistics for researchers in social sciences and humanities.
The course aims to:
- Equip those taking the course with skills necessary for collecting and analysing large digital collections of text (corpora);
- Provide educational support for those who want to use the corpus method;
- demonstrate the use of corpus linguistics in the humanities, especially History
- Give a sense of the incredibly wide uses that corpora have been put to;
- Allow those with an interest in language, who have not heard of the corpus approach before, a new way of looking at language;
- Demonstrate that corpus approaches to social science can offer valuable insight into social reality by investigating the use and manipulation of language in society.